Thursday, March 27, 2014

This is why Asians are amazing

Hello hello!

So..... My group did a marketing presentation on Google Glass this morning @ about 9:15am, & we did well so yay! Headed off to our last, very short Statistics tutorial after and decided to dine-out (lunch) to celebrate having done all the past assignments/presentations/projects so far! It's almost the end of the semester and all we have left is one Sociology paper to write and... finals, in April, to end my sophomore year.

After contemplating for a very long time, Alex and I have decided to go to this all-you-can-eat place called Fusion House, located at 1947 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON. Before that, I went on UrbanSpoon to check out reviews, pricings, et al, but have came upon a lot of bad reviews for its service and the so-so food. Despite that, we decided to go because it was $15 (AYCE) & that the other dim-sum place that we wanted to go was pretty much high class and more expensive.

Thankfully, there weren't a lot of people since it's a Thursday afternoon, we got to our seats and had our orders served to us really quickly. To be honest, it's nothing like the reviews. The food was AMAZING.... Both of us couldn't stop ordering (we were so full!!) & had never complained about anything because everything was just so good :') Ahh, what a nice, relaxed lunch. Those reviewers probably went at the wrong time with many people and few employees, but if you choose your time wisely, I would STRONGLY suggest going to this restaurant. Worth every penny (.. not that pennies exist anymore hehe but still)! Do trust my opinion, I'm an Asian ^^

& oh, haha. It was funny because I bumped (well not really) into an officer- En. Umarddin from the Malaysian embassy in Ottawa. My back was facing him so I didn't think he saw me/recognized me but oh well, at least he didn't have to see me on my date... That'd be awkward.

Unfortunately, we missed our bus after dinner lunch, so we had to take a 10-minute walk to Greenboro bus station. Although it was snowing heavily (urgh), it was still a nice walk as our tummies were pretty much bloated!

Now now, no matter where you are in the world, if you don't like seeing food photos during midnight, I suggest you leave this blog as you finish off this sentence. If not, enjoy the food! :)

**


Restaurant menu.


Squid ring tempuras.


Beef ramen soup vs. Chicken ramen soup.


Shrimp siu mai. (Sahhh good, we ordered twice!)


Shrimp har gao (/dumplings)


Pork siu mai.


Sushi Maki Roll. I forgot what the name was, but there were crab meat, avocado, and some other delicious stuff in it with cheese dressing! No. 57, I believe.


Shrimp tempuras.


Sashimis for Alex (ew who eats raw fish?!) & Egg sushis for me!


Fried shrimp wan tons (Sooooo soooo good)


Grilled teriyaki egg-plant!


Japanese green tea.


Crab Meat tempuras. (This was alright, because it was really just fake-crab meat hahaha. Very artificial)


Dessert! Deep fried bananas & mango, chocolate, green tea ice-creams.


A view from the bridge we were crossing to the bus station. Spring, Ottawa. *insertsdisappointedface*

x.

No comments:

Post a Comment